Teaser Tuesday #3 – Forgetting August by J.L Berg

January 19, 2016 by ceresbooksworld

teaser-tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
    • Open to a random page
    • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
    • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
    • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Today’s Teaser Tuesday

Forgetting August by J.L Berg

forgetting august

She can forgive, but can she forget?

Some days, Everly still thinks she sees him. In the food court at the mall, or in a car speeding past as the light changes. It only lasts a second, but when it happens, she slips back to a time when she was ruled-and nearly ruined-by August Kincaid. And it doesn’t matter that she’s moved on, that she’s about to marry another man. In those moments the only thing she can do to regain control is take a deep breath and remind herself that August can’t hurt her-because he’s in a coma. Except that he’s not anymore.

August is awake. With no memories, he sets out to solve the mystery of his lost life. He unearths a photograph of a beautiful redhead named Everly and knows instinctively that she’s the key. But when he finds her, the August she describes is more monster than man.

Tortured by the thought of having hurt her, August wants only to become the man Everly deserves. As the new August emerges, Everly glimpses the person she first fell in love with. But can she trust that this August is real? When the final secret of their shared past is revealed, one of them will make a choice that changes their future forever . . .

AMAZON GOODREADS

Teaser

“Because I’d been thinking of him. I willed myself not to glance up, not to give in to the curiosity that was churning inside me to know what he looked like up there without me. Was he doing the same thing up there with her ? ”

Kindle 33%

Advertisements

11 thoughts on “Teaser Tuesday #3 – Forgetting August by J.L Berg

1. eternalised says:

Oh, I’m curious now. Was he doing the same thing?

My Teaser Tuesdays post.

2. Annette says:

I really, really love the synopsis of this one, it sounds just a little bit dark! I did wonder if it was a sequel at first though – so I looked it up on goodreads. Are you enjoying it?

3. Beth F says:

Intriguing premise!

4. Great Teaser don’t forget to stop by my blogs to check out My TT but check on both blogs I own for different teasers Echoing Books (Blog I co-own) and First Dream of Books (My Personal blog)

5. Doesn’t sound like it’s for me but thanks for sharing.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

6. mysm2000 says:

Your teaser is intriguing. Have you read other books by this author? I’m not familiar with the name. Here’s my TT from the novel, Mary Called Magdalene: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-18l

7. Candid Cover says:

That is a steamy teaser!! I wonder if she finds out?!

8. Kathy Martin says:

Sounds like an intriguing story line. The teaser on my adult blog comes from Night Study by Maria V. Snyder. Happy reading!