February 12, 2016 by ceresbooksworld
It’s the end of the second week in our Truthwitch read-along, I hope everyone love the book so far and I will answer to the questions of the week.
Don’t forget the giveaway with Charlene @ Bookish Whimsy
and the one with Olivia @ The Candid Cover
Week two discussion
- Of the lands that we have visited so far in the book, where in the Witchlands would you want to live, given the choice?
I’m very intrigued by Nubrevna, I can’t tell you why because I don’t think of reason but I’m intrigued.
- There have been quite a few mottos and words of wisdom used by a few of the characters so far. Which one is your favourite? Do you have any special phrases that help you get through your day?
“You never know in what condition you’ll find yourself. Shoes should be a luxury, not a requirement.” I like this sentence and in this book it’s appropriate. I don’t have special sentence but if I had one it will be “Carpe Diem”
- Friendship is a main theme that pulses through Truthwitch. Do you have a relationship like Safi and Iseult? Is there someone out there who always has your back and will defend you?
I have my own Threadsister, my twin not by blood but by heart. And this relation is so good and it’s great to have someone on your side every time.
- If you were inserted into one of the novel’s epic battle scenes, which witchery would you like to have in order to defend yourself?
I cannot imagine myself as a fighter with weapons but I would totally be a Waterwitch and play with poisons. I’m less visible when I’m fighting.
- Character Spotlight: Iseult / Do you find Iseult to be a likeable character? How do you feel about the way she is treated like an outcast? Do you think she is a good influence on Safiya?
Iseult is my girl, I love her, she is intelligent and rational, she thinks before acting and I feel closer to her than to Safiya. I don’t like the way she’s treated, she’s an amazing girl and everyone should be able to see her potential. She has a very good influence on Safiya, she’s the person who is capable of reasoning her.
And next week the read-along will be hosted by Kim @ Dreaming In Libraries
The chapters to read are 20-29 and the Character spotlight will be Merik.