February 6, 2016 by ceresbooksworld
It’s the end of the first week in our Truthwitch read-along, I hope everyone love the book so far and I will answer to the first week question.
Don’t forget the giveaway with Charlene @ Bookish Whimsy
Week one discussion
- Safi and Iseult are fantastic fighters. Have you ever wanted to learn how to fight, take self-defense classes or have you already? Tell us about your reasoning/experience!
I would love to know how to defend myself and fight but when I was young my parents didn’t have a lot of money so it was impossible to take lessons and now I’m too old for this or too afraid of hurting myself in the process. But I did have taken one lesson of capoeira and it was fun but too hard.
- Of these specialized witcheries revealed so far (truthwitch, threadwitch, bloodwitch, wordwitch, windwitch, voicewitch) which power would you like to have and why?
I’m very attracted by Bloodwitch, people are afraid of them and I like that, inspiring terror and respect seems nice. I know it’s weird but hey, it’s me! And most of all, I love Aeduan so it’s totally normal that I want to be a Bloodwitch.
- The beginning of the book already features political intrigue, Safi and Iseult trying to get away, and the mystery of cleaving. Which plot point interests you the most so far, and why?
I’m very interest by Safi and Iseult, mostly by Iseult when she came in her tribe and the mystery here. I like Iseult and I’m impatient to learn more about her tribe and their actions. I’m curious like that!
- Share a favorite quote from the book!
“Please tell her not to slit your throat, since I’m sure she’ll try to once she finds out you’ve sent me away.”
- Character Spotlight: Safiya | Talk about what you like or dislike about Safi. Do you identify with her in any way? What do you think about her actions so far?
Safiya is strong and impulsive, I like that but sometimes that’s put her in delicate situations. I don’t identify with her, I’m more like Iseult but Safi could totally be my best friend. For now, I think that her actions are a little selfish, she only thinks of Iseult and herself; and I like the way her mind works.
And next week the read-along will be hosted by Olivia @ Candid Cover
The chapters to read are 10-19 and the Character spotlight will be Iseult.